(Old photo but one of the few I have of her sleeping)
She cried it out! Twice! I did not believe it was possible. The last few nights baby has been sleeping on the floor in our room. If I lay down and nurse her she lets me sneak away and we buckled to this as the alternative of nursing her to sleep and trying to lay her in her crib, her waking up and repeat. some nights over and over again. It was working good, meaning she was waking up a couple of times but I could lay down on the floor with her and nurse her and she would go back to sleep in a matter of minutes. Then! The last two nights she woke up in the early hours and wouldn't go back to sleep. She starts going through her range of noises (mostly "da da da da") and clapping her hands and rolling around. I get frustrated and get back in my bed. Then she pulls up on the bed and whines and cries. Lastnight Daniel volunteered to take care of her and I went out on the couch and slept. She cried for a few minutes and laid down on her tum and went to sleep. Hallelujah. Today we tried to put her down for a nap 3 times and no attempt proved successful. She was driving me crazy and I was not going to let her stay up whining like she was. So I put her in her crib and left. At first she just talked and whined on and off. Then she did cry hard for a little bit. I went in and said hi which didn't help at all. She cried some more. And then she quieted down. It took maybe 40 min. but is not at all what I thought it would be. I would never have been able to stand listening to her cry before. But today was the day I became desperate enough to let it happen.
1 comment:
Congrats!!!! Reed would have to hold me in bed with the boys when they were clean, fed, played and needed to sleep but wouldn't. It killed me to let them cry. It totally took him being rational for it to happen. Seriously though, they still love been attached at the hip. Mercy, they do not like it when mom is not around.
Post a Comment