Last weekend we had an unexpected and unfortunately un-continue-ing bout of beautiful weather. It was Cloey's first chance to play outside since she has become mobile. On Friday afternoon we got some sandwiches and walked to the park. Upon our arrival, we sat down on the grass. Cloey enjoyed watching the kids on the nearby playground but was very hesitant to put her hands down on the grass. She'd put her hands down to crawl over to me then realize and lift up and just reach for me, it seemed she even tried spreading her arms and flying to me. Then Daniel and I began to throw the frisbee and that was enough to encourage her to crawl in the grass. ...
We went back to the park the next day and she did not have the same problem at all. We brought a blanket to sit on this time but she didn't sit on it for a minute. She crawled off, nary looking back, over to the walkway. People walking by looked at her and then around (as if to think, "who is watching this baby") but then they'd spot us with eyes glued to her. By the time she was 15 yards away we realized she was making people uncomfortable, as well as risking getting stepped on on the walkway so we took her to the middle of the field, where she could crawl farther. We were curious to see how far she would go. So we sat down and watched her. There was a kite on the far side of the park she was interested in, and turns out she crawled quite far and would have kept going if I had not felt it was far enough and gone to get her. Probably it was about 50 yards, and she didn't seem to mind that she was completely alone and didn't even look back at us when we called her name. What a silly girl, no? Wish I had a pic of her tiny little silouhette surrounded by grass.
In other news, many more words and (what some might even call) first steps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! She is adorable. It's amazing how brave they are. Kids are so much fun! I hope the warm weather comes back so that you can get her out again. I'm glad she enjoyed it so much!
Oh cute! I am glad we keep up on eachothers blogs. How much longer are you going to be in Rexburg?? Motherhood like missionary work only is a sacrifice when you see it that way- in your words "such a blessing!" I want to get married!!! HAHAHAHA. I am surrounded by it everyday. eh, it will come sooner or later I suppose.
Post a Comment